iOS 4.x and beyond supports multi-tasking where users can switch to another app running in the background using double-tap on the Home button to activate the multi-tasking tray bar to switch to the desired app. It is a useful way to switch to the background apps and will be sufficient for the casual users of multitasking. However, heavy users of the multitasking feature might not be satisfied and would like to have a more efficient method to switch between the running apps. LastApp is one such application that allows to quickly switch between the currently running apps on your iOS device using gestures. Recently this app has been updated to work with iOS 5. As with many applications that use gestures in iOS this one also rely on Activator to define the gestures to activate it. Once a gesture is defined (i.e., double-tap status bar) you will able to switch back to the previously running app in a flash!
LastApp is a Cydia tweak and hence available for only jailbroken iOS devices. Best of all its available for free form Cydia store in the BigBoss repo. Some users might notice that its somewhat similar to the Zephyr Cydia jailbreak tweak that we reported a couple of weeks ago. Although Zephyr might be more suitable for many users that want to enable swipe multi-tasking gestures on the iPhone i.e., similar to the ones available on the iPad if the iOS 5 is installed. However, LastApp is available for free in contrast to Zephyr.
Check out more awesome Cydia tweaks and apps in the Cydia section on our website!
If you want to jailbreak and then unlock your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 while preserving the baseband of your device then follow our guides that we posted earlier:
- Preserve Baseband & Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 On iPhone 4/3GS, iPhone 4 CDMA Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 [Windows/Mac Guide]
- Unlock iOS 5.0.1 Baseband On iPhone 4 / 3GS Using Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 [How to]
If you want to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on your iDevice but NOT concerned about preserving the baseband of your iDevice then please follow our guide:
- Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 On iPhone 4/3GS, iPhone 4 CDMA, iPad1, iPod Touch Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 [Windows/Mac Guide]
You might also want to check out our recent article: Access iOS 5 Multitasking Feature Directly From Notification Centre Using WeeSpaces [Cydia Tweak].
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.