We already have updated version of Redsn0w released a couple of weeks ago that allows to get untethered jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G and iPad. Latest versions of Redsn0w tool also allows to preserve the baseband of the iDevice to get unlock latter using Ultrasn0w if desired by the user. This is very important because its getting difficult to support the unlock on newer basebands. Baseband preservation mode is a features that has been traditionally associated with the windows tool called Sn0wbreeze. Which is functionally equals to the Mac exclusive PwnageTool which serves the same purpose. Now the developer iHacksn0w has updated the Sn0wbreeze in a major way and the latest version Sn0wbreeze 2.9.1 supports untethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak of Apple A4 based devices namely iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. Procedure actually involves cooking a custom firmware using the tool and then restoring it using iTunes software on the iOS device. Sn0wbreeze is particularly appealing to the users of iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS that want to preserve the baseband of their device while restoring the iOS 5.0.1.
You can download the latest version Sn0wbreeze 2.9.1 for windows from here and then follow this guide to cook a custom iOS 5.0.1 firmware that can be restored on the iDevice using iTunes. All of these steps have been detailed in the above mentioned guide and procedure is exactly the same except of course you need to use the latest version of the Sn0wbreeze 2.9.1 and also the latest iOS 5.0.1 firmware with it.
If you want to jailbreak and then unlock your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 while preserving the baseband of your device using Redsn0w then follow our guides that we posted earlier:
- Preserve Baseband & Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 On iPhone 4/3GS, iPhone 4 CDMA Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 [Windows/Mac Guide]
- Unlock iOS 5.0.1 Baseband On iPhone 4 / 3GS Using Ultrasn0w 1.2.5 [How to]
If you want to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on your iDevice but NOT concerned about preserving the baseband of your iDevice then please follow our guide:
- Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 On iPhone 4/3GS, iPhone 4 CDMA, iPad1, iPod Touch Using Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 [Windows/Mac Guide]
To later unlock your iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS follow this guide to do using Ultrasn0w:
In case you are using the newer A5 based Apple devices namely iPhone 4S or iPad 2 then follow any of the below mentioned guides to get the untethered jailbreak:
- Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Using GreenPois0n Absinthe A5 [Guide] (Mac)
- How To Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1 in Windows Using GreenPois0n Absinthe CLI [Guide] (Windows)
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.