Box some time offers really sweet deals. Last year they offered 50GB of free cloud storage space to the iOS users and now this year they are offering the similar deal to the Android users! What Android users have to do to get this 50GB space is to install the updated Box app from the Market and log-in to the application. This deal is valid until March 23, 2012. So if you want to avail this deal hurry-up! 50 GB of storage space that is provided this way to the users is accessible from everywhere – not only Android. Also this package will bump the max file size upload limit to 100 MB.
This promotion ends on Friday, March 23, 2012 at 11:59pm PST, so grab your free 50GB on Box by following these steps:
1. Visit the Android Marketplace and download Box for Android
2. Log into your account or register for a new one directly from the app
3. Start sharing and collaborating in the cloud
4. (optional but recommended) Tell the world how you’ll use your 50GB with the hashtag #Box50GB
While it will still not provide the very useful syncing feature that get with Dropbox but its still a lot of online space that can be used for some backup/archival purposes. One of the useful features in the updated Android app is bulk-upload feature as well as adding collaborators to the shared folders. Hers is a detailed list of features of the Box app for the Android:
* Access, create and view content on your Android phone or tablet
* Upload multiple images, videos and files from the SD card
* Save files to your SD card for offline access
* Easily share files and folders with links
* Invite colleagues to shared folders and leave comments on files for them (note that you’ll need to grant permission for the app to access your contacts – we only use this permission to quickly retrieve email addresses when you want to invite collaborators, and we do NOT store any contact information on Box’s servers)
* Find content fast with built-in search
* Save files you edit or create in other Android apps to your Box account
* Add a widget to your home screen to see updates on files by colleagues
You can get the Box for the Android from Market here to avail this deal.
You Might Like:
Get Free Email Updates
Inspired Geek is your primary source for latest tech news, guides and articles on Windows software, games, Apple and Android devices.
- Get extensive coverage on latest tech news.
- Exclusive guides on rooting, jailbreaking and unlocking mobile devices.
- Useful apps and tips&tricks for your iOS and Android devices.
- Exlclusive Top Countdowns for the best software.